Unified Origin - VOD¶
In a VOD setup the origin typically has access to the files for just-in-time packaging. Storage can be any form of attached storage (a mount point in the filesystem) or HTTP accessible storage as for instance S3 or other.
Schematically this looks like the following:
GET origin <-- hds|hls|hss|dash | (http) storage / \ (f)mp4 hls
The following sections document how to setup VOD streaming with the Unified Origin, the available options, the diferent ingest formats, playout control and track selection as well as remote storage or progressive download.
Table of Contents
- Troubleshooting VOD Streaming
- Determining the issue
- FMP4_403 No virtual path specified
- FMP4_403 origin: no policy for streaming
- Playback stops right after it starts
- Audio is longer than video
- S3 and latency
- FMP4_500 precondition failed 'tmp_ism.tracks_.size() == 1'
- FMP4_500 precondition failed 'base_media_decode_time + duration == time'
- Audio sync issues
- '415 unsupported media type'
- Checking for non-GOP aligned content
Supported functionality per web server
|Adaptive Bitrate (ABR) Streaming (HLS,HDS,HSS,DASH)||y||y||y||y|
|Download to own for HTTP Live Streaming (HLS)||y||n||n||n|